The ABZ PhD Symposium is an international forum for PhD students studying all areas related to state based formal methods for software and system development.
This forum is a good opportunity for PhD students to
- bring together PhD students and established and known researchers of the state based formal methods community,
- provide PhD students with fruitful feedback and advice on their research approach,
- enable PhD students to interact with other PhD students and to stimulate exchange of ideas suggestions and experiences among participants,
- provide PhD students an opportunity to present, share and discuss their research in a constructive and critical atmosphere.
The ABZ 2023 Doctoral Symposium will be part of the 10th ABZ 2023 International Conference on Rigorous State Based Methods in Nancy, France.
|January 23, 2023
|March 6, 2023
|31.05-. – 3.06.23
We seek PhD students who have either determined the direction of their thesis research (probably with some preliminary results already published), but who still have substantial work to complete, or PhD student participants who are in the early stages of their dissertations. It is not required to have a paper accepted for the main conference in order to participate to the ABZ’2023 Doctoral Symposium.
Submissions of 4-pages presenting your PhD research plan and progress in the Springer Lecture Notes format are requested. Preferably, submissions should include
- Title of the paper and the author name
- Problem statement, motivations, and progress
- Current development and related work
- Proposed solutions, approach and methodology, and their significance
- Current results and assessement
- Future work
The proposal should be prepared using the LNCS format and submitted in PDF format via the easychair platform on EasyChair (please mark your submission as “PhD Paper”):
The Doctoral Symposium papers will be published Springer in the LNCS volume as part of the main ABZ 2023 proceedings.
The Doctoral Symposium
Authors of accepted papers will have to present (15 Min presentation) their papers during the main ABZ conference. In addition, they are required to provide a poster of their work that will be presented in the poster area of the main ABZ conference.
Doctoral Symposium Chairs
|University of Bergamo, Italy
|IRIT, Toulouse, France